Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Research Study, Angry Carseat and my first Couponing Rush...

This morning I was up and ready (showered, hair and makeup done) by 7:30 am...I know, right?  But, Keaton and I had signed up for the Kolcraft research study on baby activity centers and had to be downtown at 10am.  Luckily, Kolcraft offered parking, so since the weather was so bad we drove...which, as many of you know, Driving = ANGRY CARSEAT TIME!  Ugh.  We started off the trip in rare form, bink in mouth and playing with the dangling toys, but two stoplights before the interstate the bink was out and Keaton was in rare form.  The next 15 minutes were spent with me singing everything from "The Itsty Bitsy Spider" to Pink's "Perfect," it all failed. Needless to say, the sight of the Kolcraft parking lot was a welcomed one!  We then spent the morning looking at and analyzing 6 different exersaucer/jumper toys--I absolutely LOVED doing this.  I only hope that Kolcraft listens and creates the perfect play station for my next child!  We then drove home aka ANGRY CARSEAT TIME (take 2). haha.  We did make it in one piece and once we got home Keaton took a 3.5 hour nap--the crying must have worn him out, that and deciding that sleep was for the birds last night.

In Andrea news:  I had my very first couponing rush/experience tonight--I had planned out my entire trip and was pretty happy with the outcome.  (See my loot below).

Okay, so here is what I got:
4 pkgs. of diapers (144 diapers total)
Almay Eyeshadow
Almay Mascara w/eye pencil
16 rolls of Charmin toilet paper
20 4x6 prints

Total Spent: $46.43
Total Saved in Store: $39.35 (with coupons and Extrabucks)
Total Earned: $10 CVS Giftcard (after final purchase)

I plan on going back later this week, as they only had 4 pkgs. of the diapers that I was looking for, but should be able to score a free pkg. of diapers and another $10 giftcard after that purchase! 
 Love saving $!!!

Stay tuned for more from the Boswell-Burns clan...

No comments:

Post a Comment