Saturday, October 15, 2011

Music Therapy Session, Peas and Extreme Couponing...

Well, today was the first day that I felt like Meetup.com let me down, ROYALLY!  I have been planning and prepping for my mock music therapy session for about 3 weeks now, this includes posting for my free music session on Meetup.com and getting pre-schoolers/families to volunteer their time, planning my session, practicing my music and cleaning/baking for the event. I thought that I had everything ready to go and when 12pm rolled around today...no one was here...12:15, nada...12:22, ONE PERSON.  I had planned on 6 children and 3 parents...and ended up with 1 parent and 1 child. (aside from my husband and Keaton).  However, I couldn't have been luckier--Mandy (mom) and Esther (preschooler) were the PERFECT pretend clients!  Esther loved the music and was willing to sing, play, dance, make animal sounds and play any instrument that I put in front of her.  This means that my Music Therapy Grad School video is complete and once it arrives at the university my grad school app. will be COMPLETE!  YAY!

In more important news, Keaton started peas today!  He was not too sure about them, which was adorable! Can't believe how fast my baby is growing up.  We have also noticed that our little cue ball is slowly, but surely getting more and more hair.  (don't know how I feel about this--I love my baldy!)

In Andrea news: I am seriously contemplating becoming a serious couponer (don't know that I want to become EXTREME anything).  Today we went on a walk and I collected 6 local inserts and I am hoping that this gets me started.  Though, I would like to be able to find all of my coupons online, as this would be a lot easier for me and something I can do while Keaton naps. Anyhow, if any of you have suggestions on where to find coupons, how to make it easy, etc.  I will gladly accept any and all advice!

Stay tuned for more from the Boswell-Burns clan...

2 comments:

  1. I am also a couponer! There are several blogs that really helped me get started. They give you scenarios of what coupons to use at what stores to get the best deal. Penningpinchinmom.com is my favorite, the Krazy Coupon Lady, Common Cents with Money, etc. What helped me organize the best was a binder. I just bought cheap baseball card inserts to hold my coupons, and divided them with categories that worked best for me. You can also print off coupons from Red Plum, Coupons.com and Smart Source. And Target offers coupons on their website to print, which you can also combine with manufacture coupons. Hope this helps a little!

    By the way, Keaton is ADORABLE!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn--Thank you--we think Keaton is pretty cute ourselves! Thanks for all of the coupon blog recs. I have already subscribed to a number of them and LOVE THEM! Check out my blog later this week, as I am hoping to make my first shopping journey as a couponer.

    ReplyDelete