Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fall Day...

Today was a gorgeous fall day in Chicago and we took advantage of it.  The boys and I went to the Cornucopia Fall Festival @ Eugene Field Park, where we met up with Callie and Scarlett for some family fall fun.  We got to feed the animals (goats/sheep/etc), play in the park and pick pumpkins (plus LOTS of picture opportunities!)  Keaton, JJ and I then hit Chipotle for lunch and Barnes & Noble, where we bought Keaton's first book with pictures of babies. (Note: All of the literature I have read re: babies and literacy say that infants should be given books with pictures of other babies...Barnes & Noble must not have read any of this because we had a whopping 2 books to choose from--bizarro!)


Aside from all of the family fun, I started planning my mock music therapy session this afternoon.  This session will be videotaped as part of my grad school app.  Funny how it's only been 6 months since I was planning sessions every day and it already feels somewhat foreign to me again.  I will be happy when this application process is done and all I have to do is wait...story of my life. Hairspray anyone?

As for this very moment, fish sticks for dinner and some time with my hubby!  Then, dishes, laundry and what my mom would call a "folding party!"

Stay tuned for more from the Boswell-Burns clan!

No comments:

Post a Comment