Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Life is short...and ours is kind of boring...

JJ told me last night, as he watched me write my blog entry for the day, that our lives are boring and don't make for a great read. I am sure this is somewhat true. However, it's amazing to me how I feel like everyday is somewhat eventful, whether Keaton tries a new food, we go someplace new in the city or we just stay at home and play.  So, I guess my blog comes with a warning...This blog may cause heavy eyes, boredom, drowsiness, or severe cases of discontentment.   For those of you who continue to read, consider yourself warned.

In other news, today was Keaton's first pediatrician appt. in Chicago.  We were given the recommendation for this doctor from a mom in one of my Meetup groups and couldn't have been luckier.  Our doctor is a real straight shooter, no sugar coating (JJ loves this) and he has a pretty dry sense of humor.  Aside from this, his staff was willing to accommodate us by filling the vaccination syringes in our room, so that JJ and I could be assured that Keaton was getting the correct injection.  Keaton did really well--hardly any tears this time.  I think the biggest downfall of the office was that we ended up waiting 30 minutes for the doctor, after the nurse took Keaton's vitals.  Now, the REAL news, drum roll please,  Keaton weighed 19 lbs and 9 oz. today and 26.5 inches long!  BIG BOY!



In Andrea news: Found out that one of my previous clients passed away yesterday.  He was only 49 years old and still full of life.  He prided himself on being a man's man and loved his family dearly.  I was shocked to hear of his death, but will always remember him fondly.  Life is short and it's unfortunate that it takes the loss of life to remind us of what we have. Don't take the ones you love for granted.

Stay tuned for more from the Boswell-Burns clan...

No comments:

Post a Comment