Friday, October 14, 2011

Keaton's 1st Halloween Party, Lunch with Daddy and Music Class Prep

Yesterday afternoon Keaton and I attended our first neighborhood meetup and Keaton's 1st Halloween party!  He was an adorable blue monster!  The funny thing was that since this meetup was in our neighborhood, we did not have to pack lighter, drive to public transportation, ride public transportation, or walk any ridiculous distance.  However, somehow this ended up being one of, if not the hardest travel experience yet.  Our car was parked 3 blocks away (thanks to me getting home from my Weds. nite interview so late), it was pouring rain and Keaton was wearing a large blue monster costume.  By the time we arrived at the party...Keaton had shed the blue monster costume and was in a onesie with no pants (he ditched his socks half way there) and I had hair matted from the mix of hairspray and rain--ah! the joys of motherhood! Needless to say, we made it and we had a nice time--met some new mommies and some older kids (most were 9 mos. and up), but it was fun and we got some great pics.


We also received the CD of images from our family photoshoot today--the photo below is one of my favorites--it's goofy, but hilarious!



The evening was spent getting some "mommy time" at the Babies'n'tots Consignment sale--it was the early shopping event for first time mommies and though I did find a new nursing cover and some sleep sacks, the best part was that I won a VIP Membership to Bump Club and Beyond and a huge bag of loot to go with it---all thanks to my lucky raffle ticket.  Overall, it was a lot of fun and nice to shop with some of my fellow mommies.

Today, Keaton and I ventured downtown for lunch with daddy...Keaton was a huge hit with JJ's co-workers and free Chipotle (for the second time--thanks to the Cultivate Festival and my rents) never tasted so good.  Keaton and I took the Metra again and had plans to take a bus from the train station to JJ's work, however, the bus signage wasn't good enough for first timers to figure out in 6 minutes (our transfer time) so we shlepped it, but the walk was only 7.5-8 blocks and the weather was chilly, but gorgeous.  Keaton fell asleep to and fro. Keaton talked a LOT today--hoping that he's coming back to this skill again, I LOVE it when he has soo much to say--he's my world!

The rest of the day has been spent rehearsing for my mock music therapy session tomorrow.  I am feeling pretty good about it and again am sooooo thankful for Meetup.com, as that is where I found preschoolers to fill the group.  Anxious to complete the video recording and complete my grad school application.  I am also anxious for Keaton to start eating peas tomorrow--dorky, but true!  I love introducing him to new foods--well, just food in general!

In Andrea news:  I have decided that JJ and I need to set aside a night a week to have "date night"--not to go out and spend money and leave Keaton, but to stay in, enjoy each other, eat good food and celebrate (as cheesy as it sounds) how much we love each other, all while Keaton sleeps a room away.

Big plans for next week include: getting the guest room more organized (at least until we get a new mattress and move the guest furniture back into the guest room) and at least one, if not two, mommy's night out!  Yay for having girlfriends in the city!

Stay tuned for more from the Boswell-Burns clan...

2 comments:

  1. Well those things always seem to happen with the best laid plans! Glad it was still fun. Date nights and together time alone once in awhile are super important parents, wish we had a bit more ourselves. Having 3 children one of them with whose medically fragile that rarely happens much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momofamiracle I am sure that 3 kids make ALONE anything hard. haha. Best of luck with your little one...I am sure that can't be easy.

    ReplyDelete