Saturday, October 22, 2011

City Parking (or lack there of), brunch and a $20 bill...

Today was FABULOUS!  Keaton had a much better night last night...I still think it's because he sleeps better for JJ in the middle of the night. Either way, just glad that sleep was in our cards last night.  I was up and ready around 9am this morning and after Keaton took his first few bites of apple (which he really liked) I headed over to a local church rummage sale. Unfortunately, by the time I got there the place was pretty bare, but I still managed to find two onesies and 4 new books.  When I got home, I got to catch up with my friend Ashley who is officially pregnant with Baby Scheufler #2--so excited for them!

Then, JJ, Keaton and I headed to the Lincoln Park Zoo for their Halloween festivities, but the parking spots in Lincoln Park were not very welcoming. We drove around Lincoln Park (in the midst of swarms of parents and children in costumes) for about 25 minutes only to find NO WHERE TO PARK--not even the zoo parking lots (where you pay an arm and a leg to park) had parking spots.  So, we went home...I was extremely defeated--just wanted to go, as a family, to a Halloween meetup on a gorgeous fall day.  (may have even gotten a little teary eyed about it...)

When we got home JJ decided that we to shake off the loss of the zoo we should have brunch at Baker's Square (haven't been there since I went to school at Olivet!).  We both had amazing food and I ended my meal with a strawberry chocolate pie--WOAH BABY!  Afterwards, we walked to the park, where Keaton took a nap outside and then woke up and played with the "bag'o'toys" that daddy had packed.





We ended it all with a walk around the neighborhood with Bentley.  While we were walking, I found a Blackberry on the ground and with no one in sight called the person listed "MOM" in the phone. I ended up talking to the sister and met up with the girl 20 minutes later to give her back the phone--she gave me $20 for "saving" her phone...this meant free takeout for the Boswell-Burns' and JJ has been CRAVING Popeyes Chicken. haha, weird, but true.

Tonight, aside from Popeye's Chicken, we got to iChat with my brother, sister-in-law and nephew.  It is so amazing having family who is going through the same things that we are...just can't wait until we get to meet the little guy in person at Christmas!

Keaton has also started sleeping in his crib without his snuggle nest (as of tonight)--I am hoping that he will soon figure out that if he prefers to sleep on his side that he can maneuver himself into that position on his own.  So proud of this baby boy--no matter what he is doing, I am impressed with him!  Recently, he has started understanding the word "kiss" and now when you say "kiss the baby" when he's looking into a mirror, he will lean forward and presses his face against the mirror.  Precious.  Tomorrow, we are going to start giving him one serving of fruit and one serving of vegetable at each setting...hoping that by the time he is 7 months that he is eating a fruit, veggie and grain at each sitting.

In Andrea news:  I am looking forward to tomorrow, we are going to a family meetup and one of the members houses--"Waffles & Bacon," hoping that we meet a few couples/families that we can hang out with.  We also plan on our first grocery shopping trip with coupons...hoping that we save a ton!

Stay tuned for more from the Boswell-Burns clan...

No comments:

Post a Comment