Sunday, October 16, 2011

A normal Sunday turned crazy...

Well, this morning started out to be a pretty great day...we were all up around 7:45am, Bentley went out, JJ made coffee and Keaton sat down in his high chair for another day of big boy food.  In the past day, Keaton has made it abundantly clear that he is NOT interested in peas (as he spits them out EVERY single time!), so we gave him rice cereal again, but with some prunes (first time).  After he ate, he played for awhile, nursed and then took his morning nap.  Around 10am, Keaton woke up again, played with daddy and then I came to change him, so we could go to Target and get his 6 month old toy! (a big, inviting toy that will motivate this boy to get crawlin').  When I took him back to the changing table he threw up--this was just the beginning from around 10:30am to 12:30pm Keaton threw up around 10 times and not just baby spit up, real throwing up...miserable!  So, we took him into the ER, where they ran some tests.  Luckily, they determined nothing was wrong and by the time we left the hospital (around 4pm) Keaton had nursed twice and had kept it down. Needless to say, our quiet Sunday that was supposed to be full of toy buying and playing took a turn, but happy to report that all is now well.  Sometimes I don't know how I will ever survive these minor catastrophes. Being a mom is by far the hardest job I have ever had and at the same time, the MOST rewarding.

The nite ended on a much better note--after we got home from the hospital, I ran out to Target to get Keaton's new toys! (I LOVE shopping for him, even more than I like shopping for ME--how crazy is that? haha).  Keaton seems to really like them both--hoping that they will be crawling motivators!

In Andrea news:  I meant to dye my hair today, but that obviously didn't happen, so maybe tomorrow?  I also decided to host my first meetup in December and I am already looking forward to it.

Hoping that tomorrow and the rest of the week are somewhat uneventful!

Stay tuned for more from the Boswell-Burns clan...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my godness! I am glad the vomiting didn't continue the remainder of the day. Poor guy..... poor Mama! On the toy front, have you seen the move and crawl ball. It is pretty neat! We had one for all 3 kids.

    ReplyDelete